Trace Analysis Guides
More than ever before, people are making decisions based on chemical measurements that affect us medically, environmentally, legally, and commercially. The reliability of these measurements is becoming a critical matter. Dr. Paul Gaines present an essential guide for trace analysts at any level of experience. Topics cover all phases of sample collection, preparation, measurement, and data analysis.
NOTE: All references to trace analysis assume the use of either ICP-OES or ICP-MS for the purposes of this guide.
- An Introduction to Sample Preparation
- Container Material Properties
- Container Transpiration
- Stability of Elements at ppb Concentration Levels
- Environmental Contamination
- Contamination From Reagents
- Contamination From the Analyst and Apparatus
- Acid Digestions of Inorganic Samples
- Acid Digestions of Organic Samples
- Sample Preparation by Fusion
- Ashing Procedures