1. OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
2.1 Information you give to us. We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. Generally, this information is only necessary when you are submitting a request for a quotation, placing an order online, or when applying for a seminar or program. Personal information collected by Inorganic Ventures is often limited to name, email address, and location. Additional information is sometimes necessary to provide you with optional services.
2.2 Please note, that if you choose not to provide personal information, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may receive personal information about you from our distributors (“Distributors“) whom we have contracted with to make sales of our product in various regions.
2.4 The table at Exhibit 1 sets out the categories of personal information you provide to us and that we receive from other sources and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods.
2.5 We may link or combine the personal information we collect and/or receive about you and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
2.6 We may anonymize and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymized information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our service and developing new website features.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Business partners, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors who perform services on our behalf (these companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us);
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
- Payment processors for the purpose of fulfilling relevant payment transactions;
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
3.2 In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements.
3.3 If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Inorganic Ventures, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
4.1 From time to time we may contact you with relevant information about our products and services. Most messages will be sent electronically. For some messages, we may use personal information we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you.
4.2 If you do not want to receive such messages from us, you will be able to tell us by replying to the email or by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
5. STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 Security. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in a controlled environment with limited access. When you submit any type of sensitive data online (i.e. - Credit card information), it is encrypted and passed along to our company through a secure socket layer -- the e-commerce encryption standard that is guaranteed to keep your data safe. Internally, your information is stored on Inorganic Venture's password-controlled remote server with guarded user access.
5.2 While no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure, we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
6.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
7. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access and transferability. The right to obtain access to your personal information along with certain information, and to receive that personal information in a commonly used format and to have it transported to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to delete. The right to have your personal information deleted without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
7.3 If you reside in the European Union (EU), Inorganic Ventures is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
8. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
8.2 We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the essential operation of our website such as to authenticate you and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that you can find information easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it, if any, more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
8.4 We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used to serve you interest-based ads, please contact us on the contact details set out below. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
8.5 You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
9.1 The Inorganic Ventures website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
9.2 Some of the pages on our website may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Inorganic Ventures.
10. OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
12. NOTICE TO YOU
13. CONTACTING US
Vice President, Finance
Communication can also be addressed to:
I.V. Labs, Inc. d/b/a Inorganic Ventures
300 Technology Drive
Christiansburg, VA 24073
EXHIBIT 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Category of personal information
How we use it
Legal basis for the processing
Contact information and basic personal details. Such as your name, phone number, address, location, IP address, and e-mail address
We use this information to communicate with you.
We use this information to deal with enquiries and other requests made by you, including customer service issues, relating to Inorganic Venture products.
The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely for communicating with you effectively and responding to your queries.
The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract and to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
Correspondence and comments. When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone, mail, or when you interact with customer service, we will record your comments and opinions.
To address your questions, issues and concerns and resolve your customer service issues.
The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely communicating with you effectively for the purposes of resolving your issues.
We use this information to facilitate payment for Inorganic Venture products.
The processing for facilitating payment is necessary for the performance of our contract with you (in accordance with our Terms and Conditions).
All personal information set out above.
We will use all the personal information we collect to operate, maintain and provide to you excellent customer service, to monitor and improve our website and business, for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, to keep the website safe and secure and to help us develop new products and services.
The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest, namely to administer and improve our business and develop new customers.