Human Resources Manager
Directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, recommends and implements human resources policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; processes payroll; performs benefits administration, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, on-going re-evaluation of policies, monitor time and attendance, company sponsored activities/programs, etc.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program.
- Develops and maintains records, reports and logs to conform to required regulations.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientation; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee files/data.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of organizational, department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study and/or job-related experience to successfully perform the job duties/responsibilities
- SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, PHR or SPHR Certification or the ability to obtain within six months of hire date
- A minimum of three years previous experience in human resources management with a broad knowledge base of all aspects of Human Resources
- Demonstrated competency in business acumen, critical thinking, HR expertise, leadership, relationship management and ethical practices
- A good working knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to establish long-range goals and be a strategic partner with upper management
- Displays the willingness to make decisions and apply sound judgment
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- PC proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
Inorganic Ventures reserves the right to modify job duties at any time and this job description is not designed to cover every responsibility required of the employee.