We are interested in learning more about you! Please submit a resume to the HR Manager at email@example.com or apply via Indeed.
What can Inorganic Ventures offer you?
We are a chemical standards manufacturing company in Christiansburg, Virginia. Inorganic Ventures is a stable, family-oriented business with the feel and growth of a start-up! We strongly value work-life balance, contributing to the community, and a shared purpose to provide exceptional customer service with high quality products. Our culture is warm and friendly, and we enjoy a number of social gatherings throughout the year.
Starting Rate: $12.50/hour
Workdays are eight hours with paid half-hour lunch break.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plan beginning immediately
- Two health insurance plans (including vision insurance) with Health Savings Accounts (HSA). The premium of one of the plans is covered 100% by the company while the premium of the other plan is covered at 90%. You can add dependents at your cost. IV contributes to the HSA on your behalf.
- Dental - paid at 90%
- Life - paid at 90%
- Short-term disability - paid at 100%
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan with a 3% match
What can you bring to the relationship?
8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Responsible for pouring (packaging) product into specified container(s). Each item must be identified with correct label and accompanied by the specific Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis. Appropriate information must be recorded on the packaging request form and log sheets accurately for inventory control purposes. Other duties include picking and prepping of on-the-shelf stock products and inspection and/or cleaning of bottles. Must follow established work methods and practice safe work habits.
- Picking and prepping applicable products for order shipment to include scanning or data entry responsibilities
- Checking finished product to verify proper packaging, quantity, and documentation
- Inspection and accepting of bottles
- Pouring of products, assembly of associated paperwork and documentation of products
- Use of automated packaging equipment utilizing safe processing practices
- Record keeping of environmental conditions
- Proficient in department procedures for all stock and custom products to ensure continuous customer service
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Equivalent combination of education/experience to perform the essential functions of the position
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- The ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- A self-starter with enthusiasm for learning
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to follow established policies, procedures and guidelines
- The ability to remain flexible in response to fluctuating workload demands
- PC proficiency with a working knowledge of computers
- Good data entry skills
- Post-secondary education
- Experience working in an automated manufacturing environment
- Experience using scan gun technology and/or inventory control technology/software
- Knowledge of the periodic table
Inorganic Ventures reserves the right to modify job duties at any time and this job description is not designed to cover every responsibility required of the employee. EOE