Inorganic Ventures, a privately-held advanced manufacturing lab, is proud to celebrate over 30 years of making a higher class of inorganic standards for markets worldwide. With 10 years at our Christiansburg, Virginia location, our goal is to provide the highest-quality product and the most exceptional customer service and technical support in the industry. Check out our website at www.inorganicventures.com.
We are seeking a professional Accounting Manager enthusiastic to learn about our unique facility. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our VP of Finance in both a hands-on and oversight role. We are seeking someone possessing the initiative and abilities to embrace this new position. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in an established and actively growing organization.
The Accounting Manager will process and/or supervise the following:
- General Ledger and Financial Reporting
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
Examples of other duties include working closely with top management and with staff at all levels, serving as a liaison with outside CPA firms, financial ownership of fixed assets, inventory and cash flow, developing and reporting on financial metrics and analysis, developing policy and procedure, and supervising and developing the accounting team. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience
- Experience supervising, leading and/or directing the work of others
- Comprehensive working knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Strong leadership, personnel development, and collaborative skills
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service, telephone etiquette and communications skills
- PC and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of automated sales/inventory systems
- Advanced education in Accounting, Business or related field
- Experience within manufacturing environments and/or chemical industries
- Strong knowledge in cost accounting, pricing, and inventory
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Inorganic Ventures offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our excellent benefits package includes two choices of Health Insurance plans (one plan has a 100% employer paid premium) including Vision, Dental, Life and 100% paid Short-term Disability insurance; generous PTO bank, paid holidays, training opportunities, and educational reimbursement.
The ability to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check, drug screen and professional reference check is required.
Interested individuals may submit cover letters and resumes to Karen Sporakowski at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (540) 585-3011 or mail to Human Resources, 300 Technology Drive, Christiansburg, VA 24073. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EOE
Two full-time positions available. Eligible for benefits after 60-days of full-time employment.
Hourly Rate: $12.50
Work Shift: Day shift. Exact hours between 8 am and 5 pm to be determined.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until both positions are filled.
Responsible for pouring (packaging) product into specified container(s). Each item must be identified with correct label and accompanied by the specific Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis. Appropriate information must be recorded on the packaging request form and log sheets accurately for inventory control purposes. Other duties include picking and prepping of on-the-shelf stock products and inspection and/or cleaning of bottles. Must follow established work methods and practice safe work habits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Picking and prepping applicable products for order shipment to include scanning or data entry responsibilities
- Checking finished product to verify proper packaging, quantity, and documentation
- Inspection and accepting of bottles
- Pouring of products, assembly of associated paperwork and documentation of products
- Use of automated packaging equipment utilizing safe processing practices
- Record keeping of environmental conditions
- Proficient in department procedures for all stock and custom products to ensure continuous customer service
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required and preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Equivalent combination of education/experience to perform the essential functions of the position
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- The ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- A self-starter with enthusiasm for learning
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to follow established policies, procedures and guidelines
- The ability to remain flexible in response to fluctuating workload demands
- PC proficiency with a working knowledge of computers
- Good data entry skills
- Post-secondary education
- Experience working in an automated manufacturing environment
- Experience using scan gun technology and/or inventory control technology/software
- Knowledge of the periodic table
Inorganic Ventures reserves the right to modify job duties at any time and this job description is not designed to cover every responsibility required of the employee.